- Navigate to the “Estimate & Job Statuses” screen.
- Click the button in the top right to be taken to the status creation screen.
- Choose whether you want the status to apply to estimates or jobs by selecting the “Status Category”.
- Create a shorthand code for the status, in case the name changes and you cannot remember what the status was for. (This field is primarily used for default system statuses, and cannot be changed for this purpose.)
- Enter a name for your new status.
- Choose to allow technicians to be able to set jobs or estimates to the new status you are creating.
- Leave "Activation Status” set to “Active”.
- Click the button to save the status.
User-created statuses can be used as Sub Statuses, to offer an additional level of organization.
The possibilities are endless, but some examples of sub-statuses include: Ready to Invoice, High Priority, Low Priority, Overdue Attempt 1, Overdue Attempt 2, Pending Reschedule, Pending Mgr Approval, Pending Cust. Approval, Parts Ordered, Parts Needed, Deposit Received, Special Billing Rules, PO Needed, Warranty, Closed/Non-Billable, COMP
If Manual Status Override is enabled in Company Preferences, user-created statuses can be used as the main job or estimate status, not just as sub-statuses!