As previously communicated, U.S. mobile carriers are requiring all businesses to register their 10-digit-long codes (10DLC) before sending text messages to U.S. numbers
, to help curb spam messages. To ensure business continuity for all our customers past their August 31 deadline, Service Fusion will temporarily enable new 1-800 phone numbers for all SMS messaging for our customers.
Until the 10 DLC Portal is live, your local Service Fusion phone number has been switched to your temporary 1-800 phone number(s). To see your temporary 1-800 number(s), navigate to ‘Company Information’ on your Service Fusion Dashboard and review them in the lower right module of your screen.
You will be able to see your local number as well as your 1-800 number for all your phone numbers.
Important information to note:
- All outbound SMS messages will be from the 1-800 number
- All outbound calls or voice messages will be from the local number
- Inbound messages sent to the local number are received and can be viewed
- Inbound messages sent to the 1-800 number are received and can be viewed
- No historical conversations will be lost, and they can be referenced as needed
- If, during this transition period, any of your text messages (especially ones with URLs) are not delivered properly, remember that you can use the Service Fusion email function to accomplish that task.
You can keep and register the local numbers you are currently using by leveraging our registration portal, to be launched soon, to provide all required details about your business and SMS campaigns. You can see what information you must provide when you register here.
We appreciate your patience during this period of transition. We want to assure you that we are nearing the final stages of launching the registration portal and final details regarding the registration process. Our commitment to delivering a seamless and efficient experience remains unwavering. While this mandate and deadline for registration are being imposed by the U.S. wireless carriers, we remain committed to ensuring that your business continues to function without interruption as it relates to SMS messaging.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please view our 10DLC FAQ Article. If you have any questions regarding the 1-800 number, please view our 1-800 FAQ Article. If you still have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team using the help widget in your signed-on Service Fusion dashboard.