Job Categories prove helpful when you regularly have requests for the same types of jobs. This function will allow certain fields within the jobs to be automatically populated upon the selection of the job category in question. Job Categories are also available on some reports, to offer an in-depth insight into revenue for certain types of jobs.
Access Job Categories by going to My Office > Job Categories in the far right column at the top!
The resulting screen is where your list of current job categories will exist. You are able to (1)Add a new job category, (2)Edit existing categories, (3)View the selected category's details, and (4)Delete an existing category!
When you select to add a new category you will be presented with the beginnings of a job category. You will set up the name of your category and the parent category if you would like. The parent category is useful in the organization of your categories when you are attempting to locate a specific category in the drop down from the job. If you are just using the category as a label without wanting to pre-load any fields, you can save the category with the information shown here without going any further. If you would like to use the category to populate fields on the job then you will need to make sure to flip the 'Automatically Pre-Load Category Defaults' toggle to Yes!
Once that toggle has been set to Yes you will see the fields appear that you can pre-populate for your jobs using this category!
(1) Here you are able to determine the priority related to the jobs you would use this category for.
(2) You are able to set the duration that the jobs using this category would typically run.
(3) Here is where you would set the default job description that your jobs using this category usually have.
(4) Here is where you would populate your typical notes to your technicians for jobs in this category.
(5) Here is where you will select the Custom Fields that you would like to apply to your job categories.
You are able to pick and choose which fields you would like to populate! If you would like a specific field to not auto-populate, then you can leave it blank! Click to save this category and you can start applying the category to jobs via the job category drop down!