Zapier is a third party integration software that allows users to easily setup a connection between multiple platforms that would typically require an API or development work. You can create integrations, or Zaps, by selecting a trigger, resulting action, and any filtering or field value mapping you need moved from the trigger application to the action application. Each trigger and action available is dependent on each application that is integrated with Zapier.
Service Fusion has created two new triggers and actions within Zapier to allow for greater automated functionality within our application. Below is outlined what each new trigger and action entails as well as an example of how they can be utilized in your business.
Creating a Zap
Once logged into Zapier you can create a Zap by clicking Make A Zap.
You will be directed to the Zap creation page, where you will first be asked to select your Trigger. A trigger is the action that initiates the Zap. You will first search for the application your trigger is in; the Service Fusion Zapier account is labeled "Service Fusion".
After selecting the app event you will see a list of trigger events the selected application has available. The full list of current Service Fusion triggers is listed a few sections below.
After the trigger has been selected you will then choose an login to that application and test the trigger. This action will allow you to check that you are connect to the correct account and will give you an example of every data point that is available for that trigger and what data is returned in the test example.
Once the trigger is fully established, the next selection is the action event.
You will follow a similar process here by linking the account associated to this application.
Once the account has been linked you are able to fully customize the field set for your action. A few different options available to you with examples against the action "Create Customer":
- Static field value
- You are able to type any value you want that field to hold and it is not dependent on anything else
- Ex. Public Note field should equal "Created via Zapier"
- Field value in Service Fusion
- For any Service Fusion field you are able to select the field value as if you were in your Service Fusion account
- Ex. Discount Type field should equal "Member Rate" (where "Member Rate" is a discount in your SF account) (first in gif)
- Field value from a trigger event field
- Any field that was available during the "trigger test" should be available to map to the action application. To see all available fields for mapping, click on a field, scroll to the bottom of the options, and select "Show all options"
- Ex. Agent field should equal "First Name" from trigger application (second in gif)
Service Fusion + Zapier
Our goal is to create additional triggers and actions within Zapier to allow more automation and control for our customers. At this time the below triggers and actions are currently available along with examples of how these can be utilized.
- New Invoice
- an action results when a new invoice is created in Service Fusion
- Job Status Updated - an action results when the job status is updated on a job in Service Fusion
- New Job - an action results when a new job is created in Service Fusion
- New Tech - an action results when a new technician is created in Service Fusion
- New Customer - an action results when a new customer is created in Service Fusion
- New Estimate - an action results when a new estimate is created in Service Fusion
- Create Job - a new job is created in Service Fusion from the resulting trigger
- Create Company Calendar Task - a new company calendar task is created in Service Fusion from the resulting trigger
- Create Customer - a new customer is created in Service Fusion from the resulting trigger
To better show the versatility of Zapier, below are real world examples for each of our new triggers and actions.
- Trigger = New Invoice Created (Service Fusion)
- Action = Create Sales Invoice (Xero or other accounting software)
- Outcome = When a new invoice is created in SF, the details of that invoice will be sent to Xero (or other accounting software) in the form of a Sales Invoice, eliminating any duplicative work your accountant may have to do between software systems
- Trigger = Job Status Updated (Service Fusion)
- when status changes from "Unscheduled" to "Cancelled"
- Action = Create Company Calendar Task (Service Fusion)
- Task Fields:
- Date = date when status changed
- Assign To = Bob Smith (select any internal user to receive the notification)
- Task Note = "Related job has been cancelled. Follow-up with technician/customer to see how we can improve."
- Relates to = job from the trigger
- Task Fields:
- Outcome = When any job's status changes from "Unscheduled" to "Cancelled" a task will be created for Bob on the company calendar for him to follow up on the cancelled job. This will save Bob time searching for any recently cancelled job and provide insight into lost opportunities which can show areas for improvement
- Trigger = New Lead (Facebook Leads Ads)
- Action = Create Customer (Service Fusion)
- Customer Fields:
- First Name = first name of customer from trigger
- Last Name = last name of customer from trigger
- Email = email from trigger
- Referral Source = Facebook
- Notes = "Lead from FB ad. Follow-up with more details on their request."
- Customer Fields:
- Outcome = When any new lead is received from a particular Facebook ad, a customer record will be created in Service Fusion for that customer with the FB referral tag and the note to follow-up on their request