To accurately pay employees commission, please follow the steps in this article.
- Ensure your employee is set up to receive commission. They will need to be set as a sales rep in Workforce Management, which you can do by following the steps in this article.
You can set a commission type here using the drop-down menu.
- Percentage of Base Charges: Pay the employee X percent of the job subtotal (the amount before tax)
- Fixed Amount Per Job: Pay the employee X dollars per job, regardless of the job total amount
- Product/Service Specific: Pay the employee commissions based on rates set individually on each product in the Product Catalog and each service in the Service Catalog.
- In both the Product Catalog and Service Catalog, set products and services to pay commission. Regardless of the type of commission the employee is set to receive, if these are not enabled to pay commission, the employee will show $0 on the commission report.
- If the employee is set to receive commission as Percentage of Base Charges or Fixed Amount Per Job, they will receive the rate entered on their Payroll tab in Workforce Management, not whatever rate is entered on the product or service individually. The rate on the product or service is only taken into account if the commission type is Product/Service Specific.
- Setting a sales agent and commission rate on the customer's account profile will not pay them that rate; that rate field is for reference only and the employee will be paid the rate entered on their Payroll tab in Workforce Management, or the rate set for the individual product/service, depending on their commission settings.
Although the commission field is reference only, if an employee is populated in the agent/rep field, their name will populate on estimates and jobs created for that customer.