The Notifications section allows users to customize internal alerts that can be sent via text message or browser notification. There are three areas that can currently be utilized in this section: jobs, estimates, and invoices.
To find the Notifications section, go to My Office -> Notifications.
The Notifications section will look like the below screenshot.
The main table contains two tabs, the initial tab shown is "Notification Templates", which holds all active notification alerts for that Service Fusion account.
The columns in "Notification Templates" contain the following data points:
- Area: the object the template was created for which currently can be Estimates, Jobs, or Invoices
- Rule Name: the title of the template
- Content: the message that will be sent to the receiving user of the notification alert
- Send To: the receiving user of the notification alert
- View: allows the user to view that template's settings
- Edit: allows the user to edit that template's settings
- Delete: allows the user to delete that template
The second tab contains all notification alerts that were previously sent to the viewing user that have not been deleted. These notifications, if they are sent via the browser and not via text message, will also be available in the bell icon found in the top right of the Service Fusion header.
- Notification alerts available under the bell icon are sorted by most recent notification at the top
To create a new Notification Template, click the + New button next to the appropriate object (Estimates, Jobs, or Invoices) under Create New Rule.
There are four sections on the template creation page available for customization:
1. Rule Alert Name: the title of the template, denoted as "Rule Name" on the Notification Templates tab
2. Conditions: all of the fields associated to the object (Estimates, Jobs, or Invoices) for which the template is being created
3. Actions: where the notifying user(s) are selected to receive the notification and how they should receive it, denoted as "Send To" on the Notification tab
4. Notification Message: the message that will be sent to the receiving user of the notification alert, denoted as "Content" on the Notification Templates tab
1. Rule Alert Name
The Rule Alert Name should be a brief description of what the notification template is for. There is a 100 character limit to this field.
This section is where all customization is put into what will trigger the notification to send. The fields available are unique to each object, meaning you will only see fields relevant to estimates in the Conditions list for a new Estimate Notification Template, the same is for Jobs and Invoices.
The initial list of field available are the most commonly used fields per object. Most additional fields for each object not shown are available by selecting the + Add New Condition button.
Once the desired field(s) (far left column) are listed, the conditions must be set (second column). Each field has it's unique available condition options. Below is a list of the most common conditions and their definitions:
- Equals - the field is equal to the input value
- Not Equal To - the field does equals anything BUT the input value
- Changes To - the field value has changed to the input value
- Changes From - the field value has changed from the first input value to the second input value
- Contains - the field value includes the input value
- Does Not Contain - the field value does not include the input value
- Between - the field value is between the two input values, used for numerical fields
- Greater Than - the field value is greater than the input value, used for numerical fields
- Less Than - the field value is less than the input value, used for numerical fields
Field Value = what the field entry is within Service Fusion, this must fit the criteria set in the input value to trigger the notification
Input Value = what is selected or typed into the third column, this will help determine what will trigger the notification
For best practice, Changes To or Changes From should be one of the conditions listed.
This section is where the user(s) to be notified and the method of notification is selected. The following configurations are available:
This is where the receiving user(s) are determined, which can be any of the following:
- Individual User
- Multiple Users
- to find what group(s) a user is associated to, visit Workforce Management - that user's profile - Employment - Group Assignment
- Assigned Technicians
- this is available for Estimate and Job Notification Templates and correlates to the Assign Techs field
This is where the method of notification is selected, which can be one of the following:
- a notification via the bell icon in the top right of the Service Fusion header
- Text Message
- a text sent to the selected user(s) cell phone number under Workforce Management - Profile - Contact
4. Notification Message
This is where the message that is sent, via website or text message, is customized. For best practice, this message should provide the key details on what the alert is for.
Tags specific to the rule's object are available in the far right column. To insert a tag into the message, find the desired tag then drag and drop it into the message box.
Please note the message is limited to 100 characters.