Area: Web - Users & Roles
Controls for company preferences is available using the Settings (cog wheel on the far right of the navigation bar). Permissions is sub-setting in the Settings area. The permissions settings for roles and users impacts users Mobile and Web access. There are multiple ways to set permissions. The best practice is to create a role and assign sets of permissions and name the role. Assign users to the role. However, permissions can also be setup for each users. This article provides steps to setup permissions for either a user or a role.
Prerequisites and Constraints
Users must have permissions to update, create, and archive roles and/or users in order to address the steps on this article. Users cannot address their own access or adjust the Administrator role.
Permissions Area for Users
- Navigate to Users on the left pane within Settings
- Access a specific user
- Use Search
- Select from the list of users in the middle pane
- Select PERMISSIONS from the sub-page selections
Note: Roles shows permissions within 1 page. Just navigate to navigates to a pre-existing role or hit the on the title bar to create a new role.
- Determine the level of permissions (modest vs nearly full access)
- Toggle Select all/none if the set of permissions to deselect all or select all options
Frequently Asked Question(s)
Q: How do I create a tech that could only see his own jobs and nobody else's?
A: Add the user with Technician as the type and set View Schedules for and View Locations for to Only Selected Techs. Opt out of Other Schedules on Permissions for the user or Role to which the user is assigned.
Q: I just deselected 1 option but 2+ items became de-selected rather than the option I chose. What happened
A: Some items are related to other selection. Unfortunately, that dependency requires that related items become deselected.
- Action: Opt out of Department Voicemail List
- Result: Communication list becomes unchecked because opting in for Communication list means that the role or user should have access to all list items under communications. When a user opts out of the children options they are stating that they don’t want to opt into all communication items.